The CIGIE Leading Inspiring and Fostering Talent Network (LIFT) brings professionals in the oversight community—of all levels and functions—together to learn about topics that are important to the early to mid-level career professionals. LIFT is the product of a young professionals working group sponsored by CIGIE’s Leadership Development Subcommittee in 2020.
Vision | The Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency (CIGIE) Leading, Inspiring, and Fostering Talent (LIFT) Network aspires to develop leaders and a sense of fellowship among early to mid-level career professionals in the federal oversight community.
Mission | The mission of the CIGIE LIFT Network is to inspire, educate, and empower our members by facilitating networking opportunities, providing resources to grow and enhance skills, and helping them navigate their careers in federal oversight.
The LIFT Team
Rae Oliver Davis (HUD OIG)
Communications: Mona Mann (NASA OIG) firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations: Sarena Harper (DOD IG) email@example.com
Regional Operations: Eric Hermosillo (USDA OIG) firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Seese Whelan (DOT OIG)
Ruth Strande (USAID OIG)
Sarah Gerwin (Peace Corps OIG)
Jennifer Antonetti (DIA OIG)
Liz Bulla (NGA OIG)
Molly Cox (DOC OIG)
Ann Laurence Hart (HHS OIG)
Toni Jaffier (DOT OIG)
Manning Kalish (DOC OIG)
Saif Kalowala (USAID OIG)
Emily Norton (DOT OIG)
Dirk Rousseau (USAID OIG)
Irene Sahinidis (DOJ OIG)
Pam Van Dort (NSF OIG)
- Maintaining Your Resilience - February 3, 2021 - Visit this link to register for the event. For information on future events, we encourage you to join the LIFT listserv.
On September 17, 2020, CIGIE LIFT held its very first event titled “LIFT Off.” Featuring a virtual panel of deputy inspectors general who shared their experiences and insights on career development and advancement, the event was well-attended and well-received. Here is some of the feedback participants shared following the conclusion of the event:
“To all 3 panelists, I just want to say that it's incredibly inspiring to see and hear you willing to be so vulnerable about your experiences and insights. These answers are so honest and powerful. Thank you.”
“I truly appreciate the panelists for sharing their experiences, guidance, lessons learned, and best practices with us! I second that we should have these sessions more often! And thank you to the excellent moderator and facilitators for making this discussion possible!”
“To the panelists, I just want to say thank you for sharing the personal insights and knowledge. You provided some great takeaways today that I definitely relate to and gained a better understanding.”
“The panelists' open, honest, vulnerable conversation is enlightening. Thank you, CIGIE LIFT!!”
“This exceeded my expectations! Thank you to all who helped organize such a great virtual event.”
“Thank you so much for sharing your personal experiences and insights. This has been a great event, covering great material, and I've learned so much!”
“Thank you for all of your enlightening and honest answers. This has been very motivational and from the heart. Thank you to CIGIE LIFT for hosting this event!”
“This was an incredible set of panelists. I was significantly impacted by the journey and experience shared by the panel, for which I am greatly appreciative. Thank you all for sharing your intimate and real advice.”
“Thank you CIGIE LIFT for this training, it was great and the panelists were excellent and I learned so much. Thank you again for your honesty and truth.”
Events Contact Information
Natali Dethomas (PBGC OIG) email@example.com
Tiara Grotte (PBGC OIG) firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is CIGIE LIFT? CIGIE LIFT is a Network of Federal oversight professionals focused on career development and networking opportunities.
- Is CIGIE LIFT only for young professionals? No, CIGIE LIFT is for oversight professionals of all levels and functions who are interested in topics aimed at developing, connecting-with, and engaging early to mid-level career professionals in Federal oversight.
- How do I join or connect with CIGIE LIFT? Join our listserv or submit a question by using the link to the right.
- How do I become involved with CIGIE LIFT Leadership? We are currently developing a process for sharing and providing ongoing opportunities to our members. In the meantime, join our listserv for updates and information on sharing your voice to shape the direction of CIGIE LIFT. Regardless of your specific role, we are committed to ensuring that you have an opportunity to meaningfully contribute to CIGIE LIFT’s success.